Tuesday, June 7, 2011



Welcome to the Cuillier Blog....AGAIN!!
We have had so much to do the past few months and love every minute of it!  We had a GREAT Memorial Day Weekend in Denver!  We had only been there once before, and really wanted to check it out.  We had so much fun too.  We love it there!! It's a nice mix of San Francisco and Seattle. 


In the meantime, Kendall has just grown and blossomed this past month!  Her speech and recognition of everything around her ceases to amaze us!  She can repeat damn near every word she hears and will go through her books and tell us what things/animals are!  She is so frickin' smart!! She also has a stubborn and "heels in the dirt" personality, which can be amusing and entertaining.  We now have a "naughty corner" in which she has to go and stay for one minute when she has been "naughty".  It seems to be working =] most of the time....

Some of her vocabulary:
Divie or Diva (our kitty)
tummy
outside
walk
eat
sorry
light
sip
ow
fries
swimsuit
auntie
Pop pa
copter
golfballs
jet
airplane
hurt
hair
color
help
soccer
kick
up
sit
hi
busy
dizzy
music
holla'
elbow
feet
balls
toes
more
arm
cold
hot
eyes
nose
see
bird

This is among hundreds of other words that I have failed to put on here.  And some of them have to do with the human anatomy and I'm sure I don't need to put those down ;] It's amazing to hear her speak and tell us what she thinks.  I know one day, sometimes we won't want to, but today it's like music to our ears!! She continues to use sign language too!! And I love it!! it's fun to learn new words with her as well as speak them.  I hope to continue teaching her new signs and learning them as well!! (Thanks to my friend Kate)

She recognizes things in her favorite books too.  She LOVES when there are multiple characters and different voices have to be used...such as Goldilocks and the 3 Bears and 3 Little Pigs.  Her most favorite book is Brown Bear Brown Bear still....a book we always sing to her =]

Kendall's favorite activites continue to be dancing...and NOW she is singing along to music in the car!!! IT's FRICKIN' AWESOME!!  At least I'm not the only singer in the family, and we enjoy singing much to Daddy's =] She is also loves playing "ow-side" and "swim suit" or swimming....she still enjoys our walks (wa wa walk as Kendall says) around the neighborhood although we can only go for about 30-40 minutes and then she's "over it". 

Another beautiful thing about our daughter is she is a social butterfly. She enjoys saying hi to everyone around her that she can see, and giving high fives to them as well.  As cute as this is, it can often be EXHAUSTING to just simply go to the grocery store. She will say hi the entire time, wherever we are....eating dinner, grocery shopping, walking down the street, you name it.  It's awesome to see her interact with people and see their reaction as well as hers.  I'm hoping that with her greetings, she is making someone smile who maybe wasn't smiling before =]  She is such a sweetheart. And it makes me smile when I think of her.

Enjoy the photos from the past couple weeks.  We have had a busy May!! And June doesn't slow down either...we are headed to Maui and Oahu for 10 long, relaxing, fabulous, relaxing fun filled days...we cannot wait!! Just hoping we survive the 7 hour flight from Denver to Maui ;]
Happy June Everyone!!




Playing out back...my second home =]



Soccer Time!!


Hanging with Mommy while Daddy hits balls

Helping Daddy with the luggage cart

Walking 16th Street in downtown Denver

Always cheesin'


Near the capitol building


Also where the Denver 1/2 Marathon starts....October 9th!

Walking 16th Street again!! We love it here!

-------> this is where we are headed on June 11

Headed to Coors Field!


Kendall trying to make her escape from Daddy's firm grip....

Dinner and drinks at Lodo's with Danny's friends...we ate on the roof and could see Coors Field right across the street!!

The Cool-iers





Our seats, 22 rows up on the first base line


Kendall allowed us to enjoy 2 innings in our seats =]

I'm able to say I saw Albert Pujols in person!! Sweeeeeeeeet!!

This is where we spent the next 6 innings =]  we left before the game ended...thanks for helping Auntie Holly




The Girls



Leaving Coors Field

Mommy and Me


After just a few times swimmming this year, Kendall says "down"...meaning "let me go!"
She's so fearless!


I LOVE the WATER!

Swimmin' with my Daddy

Playing out back


I end this blog with the Lord's Prayer...it is something I have said every night and every day for at least the past 10 years...at the end, I give special thanks to the Lord for my cute husband, my beautiful daughter, my parents, siblings, friends, and my extended family.   
I ask him to help me become a better mother, wife, daughter and friend.
I know that I am blessed with the great family and circle of friends that I have.  And that right now, everything is perfect.  I am enjoying this exact moment when I am able to get a phone call from my Mom or Dad and hear their voice....that Holly can come over to our house and play with Kendall....that I get a text from one of my Besties. 
That the sun is shining and we are living a great life. 

Today is a blessing.




1 comment:

  1. Great post, Heather! What a wonderful couple of weeks you have had and the pictures SCREAM happiness! So happy for you! I love that K-Dawg is saying "Holla" too. That is frigging awesome!

    ReplyDelete